Aspergillus Genomes Research Policy Group Statutes
(approved 4/21/2004 at the First Aspergillus Meeting)
1. The Group shall be named the Aspergillus Genomes Research Policy Group (AGRPG)
The objectives of the AGRPG will include, but not be limited to,
2. Any researchers on any aspect of Aspergillus spp. may be an AGRPG member and be entitled to attend, speak and vote at the Annual General Meeting.
3. The executive committee will be responsible collectively for all the activities of the AGRPG and only members of the Committee may speak publicly (including any written communication) on behalf of the APGRC. Membership of the AGRPG Executive Committee will consist of 7 members drawn from at least 3 countries:
5 other members (ideally representing different Aspergillus species and areas of research)
7. All Executive Committee members will be elected by a simple majority the Annual General Meeting. The ballot will be open, and held on the day of the Annual General Meeting, in a manner determined in advance by the Committee. The first Committee will be elected at the Inaugural Meeting of the AGRPG at the European Fungal Genetics Conference in Copenhagen in 2004. Nominations can be made prior to the meeting, or at the conference. Nominations require a proposer and seconder, and the consent of the person being proposed. A criterion for nomination will be publication of at least one research paper about Aspergillus.
8. The Chairman of the AGRPG will chair all meetings of the AGRPG Committee and Annual Meeting in his/her absence the Committee will appoint a deputy. The Chairman is responsible for co-ordinating the activities of the AGRPG. The Chairman (or in his/her absence his/her deputy) will have a casting vote in any situation when votes are tied.
9. The Meetings Chair will be responsible for organizing the Annual General Meeting of the AGRPG.
10. All expenditure decisions of the AGRPG require the approval of at least three members of the Committee including at least one of the Chairman or Meetings Secretary. The Committee will handle any funds received as they see fit, without recourse to the membership.
11. Meetings of the Committee may be held anywhere including by e-mail, telephone, video-conferencing and webcam, with 7 days notice to all Committee members. A quorum will comprise at least 4 members of the Committee.
12. Notices of meetings, minutes and other policy communications will be communicated on The Aspergillus Website and the Fungal Genetics Stock Center website, or alternate as determined by the Committee.